Welcome to Kid’s Water World, where kids can learn about water, how we use it everyday, how to be resourceful with water and enjoy learning. Have FUN!
Below are 3 documents that can be printed out to play and learn more about water.
Videos & Games
Did you know....
- 75 % of the earth is covered with water.
- 97 % of earth’s water is in the oceans. Only 3 % of the earth’s water can be used as drinking water. 75 % of the world’s fresh water is frozen in the polar ice caps.
- Although a person can live without food for more than a month, a person can only live without water for approximately one week.
- The average person in the United States uses 80 to 100 gallons of water each day. During medieval times a person used only 5 gallons per day.
- It takes 2 gallons to brush your teeth, 2 to 7 gallons to flush a toilet, and 25 to 50 gallons to take a shower.
- It takes about 1 gallon of water to process a quarter pound of hamburger.
- It takes 2,072 gallons of water to make four new tires.
- Sources of water pollution include: oil spills, fertilizer and agricultural run-off, sewage, stormwater, and industrial wastes.
- One gallon of water is equal to 3.785 liters of water.
- One cubic foot of water is equal to 7.48 gallons of water.
- Water boils at 212 degrees Fahrenheit or 100 degrees Celsius.
- Water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit or 0 degrees Celsius.